CAPE TOWN, South Africa, 27th January 2019, Kicking the new year off with a bang, the team at AI Media PTY Ltd, curators of Africa’s largest business focused Artificial Intelligence Expo and Conference, announce the AI Expo Africa Advisory Board members who will be helping to build an artificial intelligence powered future for Africa.
AI Expo Africa 2018 is aimed at the C-Suite decision makers, investors and innovators focusing on the disruptive nature of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Deep learning (DL), Data Analytics, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), cloud platforms, hardware, devices and Internet of Things (IoT) in the real world environment of business TODAY.
“In 2017 we started work on building a uniquely business focused, real-world artificial intelligence community from the ground up”, said Nick Bradshaw, Co-founder & Programme Director at AI Media. “We identified the key people across Africa who are thought leaders and community builders in the field of AI and Data Science. We wanted to reach across Africa to link up with like minded communities and people who share our vision and strategy to connect and share knowledge, foster innovation, educate young people, support and stimulate business and entrepreneurship in Africa”.
The AI Expo Africa Advisory Board members include;
- Dr Jacques Ludik – Founder & CEO of Cortex Logic and Founder & President of Machine Intelligence Institute of Africa (MIIA)
- Stephen Odaibo – MD, MS(Math), MS(Comp. Sci.) – CEO & Founder RETINA-AI, Retina Specialist & Healthcare AI Expert
- Zimkhita Buwa – Chief Operating Officer at Britehouse a Dimension Data company
- John Kamara – Ambassador City AI (Nairobi and Lagos) & Director Global Gaming Africa
- Celina Lee – CEO at Zindi Africa – Africa’s first Data Science competition platform
- Irene Ochem – Founder & CEO at Africa Women Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF)
- Chantal Louw – Ambassador City AI (Cape Town) & Director Pint of Science SA
- Darlington Akogo – Founder, Director of AI, Deep Learning-Machine Learning Technologist at minoHealth & GUDRA
- Bayo Adekanmbi – MTN Nigeria Group Transformation & Convener Data Science Nigeria
“Our Advisory Board members are AI ambassadors, community builders and innovators in their own right and add greatly to our mission to build an artificial intelligence powered future for Africa”, said Roy Bannister, Co-founder & Event Director at AI Media. Bannister concluded, “2018 was a big year for the Artificial Intelligence & Data Science community across Africa as the hype of AI turns into reality with more business leaders and entrepreneurs deploying and building high impact AI applications. We saw tremendous interest in AI Expo Africa 2018 and our Advisory Board members will help us grow our community in 2019 and beyond, extend our reach, and help us execute on our vision to create opportunities for students, young engineers, wannabe entrepreneurs, innovators, Enterprise buyers and suppliers alike”.
About AI Expo Africa 2019
Taking place on 4th-5th September 2019, Century City Conference Centre, Cape Town, South Africa, AI Expo Africa 2019 is focusing on real world applications & trends driving the Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Data Science Economy in Africa. Brought to you by the team at AI Media, AI Expo Africa is the largest Business focused AI Community conference and expo on the continent. With 700+ delegates, 60+ speaker programme, 40+ exhibitor Expo Hall, allied to the unique Innovation Cafe showcasing the latest AI start-ups in the region, we deliver a truly integrated event experience. Our speaking programme and workshops are aimed at CxOs, analysts and investors with the primary goal of educating business leaders about AI & Data Science applications solving Enterprise challenges TODAY as well as generating real business and learning opportunities for sponsors, speakers, buyers, suppliers & innovators alike. We also have FREE student / young engineer workshops to foster grass roots job creation & skills development opportunities. If you would like to join the event as a delegate or would like take up one of the exhibition, Innovation Cafe or speaking opportunities simply visit click on the links below. Learn more at www.aiexpoafrica.com
- Register – Secure your delegate / workshop ticket today
- Sponsor – Secure pride of place in the Expo Hall / Innovation Cafe
- Speak – Submit a paper and join the prestigious speaking programme
Email us to discuss options and bespoke packages: email@example.com
Join our dedicated Community Channels for news and insights
Press & Media
If you are interested in press accreditation, event reporting / interviews or radio or TV scheduling please contact our PR team at Tishala Communications
Nomsa Mdhluli | E-Mail: nomsa@Tishalacommunications.com | +27 71 628 623
All trademarks & company names mentioned are protected by their respective owner