Responsible Artificial Intelligence will be a major topic at the 6th Edition of Africa’s largest B2B AI event, AI Expo Africa 2023
Each year AI Expo Africa has featured a popular AI skills workshop programme catering for 100s of delegates keen to learn from industry leaders in the field of Artificial Intelligence. They have been a great success and offer real hands on experience from experts in the field of machine learning, deep learning and data science.
As of Monday 11th September the Workshop Tickets being offered for the Google and Michalsons workshops go on sale and have a big focus on Responsible AI.
The focus for these workshops is on engaging young engineers, students, entrepreneurs and business delegates in a classroom format and offer access to the networking and learning opportunities with vendors in the expo hall. Plus, this year you can also boost your career prospects with our new Job feature via the Event App connecting you to the vendors at the show who might be seeking interns and new recruits.
TICKETS FOR WORKSHOPS ARE ON SALE NOW – THEY SELL OUT QUICKLY SO DON’T DELAY!!
- The AI Skills Workshops are aimed at people who already have some basic understanding or interest in applied AI / data science and associated platforms.
- There are four 3 hour workshops (one in the morning & one in the afternoon) on each day of the show
- Each workshop is configured as a seated, classroom format with table and can accommodate 200 delegates
- Your ticket will also allow grant you FREE access to the Expo Hall to network with vendors and technologies on display
VENUE & PLANNING
- These are IN PERSON ONLY workshops and you must attend IN PERSON
- Venue Location – Sandton Convention Centre, Maude St, Sandton, Gauteng, ZA
- Workshop Room Location – Level 2 in the Bill Gallagher Room
- Bring your ticket with you and present it at workshop registration to gain access to the workshop and Expo Hall
- Refreshments are included at the workshop coffee station area
- Bring a note-pad and laptop to the session to take notes and get the most from the session
- ARRIVE EARLY and check-in 1 hour ahead of the workshop start time!
Workshop 1 – Michalsons – Getting to Trustworthy AI [10:00am- 1:00pm] 2nd November
The session will cover
- Interactive discussions to explore what is required to achieve this goal
- Sharing best practice insights from legal experts
- Interactive feedback from delegates as they work to implement programmes in their own organisations
- BOOK >>> HERE
Workshop 2 – Google – Google’s approach to Responsible AI and Regulation [2:00pm-5:00pm] 2nd November
- Responsible AI Practices
- Societal benefits of AI
- Cloud as an enabler of AI and ML
- BOOK >>> HERE
AI Expo Africa overview
This will be the 6th edition of AI Expo Africa, the largest Enterprise AI / IA & smart tech trade community in Africa with 50K+ practitioners. Our 2023 trade expo & conference will run 2nd-3rd November 2023 in Johannesburg South Africa at the prestigious Sandton Convention Centre uniting 100s of decision makers, investors, buyers, suppliers, innovators, SMBs and global brands focused on real world business applications you can deploy TODAY. Learn more >> www.aiexpoafrica.com
At a glance…..
- 10,000 Sq Foot Expo Hall
- Expected footfall ~1500+ delegates
- 75x vendors & 4x showcase pavilions
- 4x Track speaking programme (52 speakers)
- 3x Plenary Keynotes & 4x Panels
- Women in AI Pavilion
- Gauteng SMME Pavilion
- Startup Zone
- University R&D Poster Zone
- Art Gallery & Creative AI Zone
- Data Science Hackathon
- Industrial Robot & Drone showcase
- 4x 3 hour AI Skills workshops for 800 people
- 7x networking sessions
- Media Zone
- Fully catered VIP Lounge
- Meetup Bar
- Event Networking App
- VIP private opening event
Confirmed Exhibitors joining us in 2023 include; Google, Deloitte, UiPath, Pinnacle, SuperMicro, NVIDIA, Data Sciences Corporation, Intel, OpenNetworks, Michalsons, Teraco, DigiBlu, BP3, NITheCS – National Institute for Theoretical & Computational Sciences, Technology Innovation Agency (TIA), CSIR, WEF Centre 4IR, SA Tourism, Gauteng Tourism Authority, Zindi Africa, SoftiDoc, Sisekelo Sustainability Institute, X-Reality Lab, BlazeGuard, MarketMX, Veza Interactive, Ecosystem AI, ICT Intelligence, LARC AI, MANCOSA, Sagehill Business Solutions, UC Wireless, XR Works, True North Group, BookT, Find and Drive, Hippocampus, Med Sol AI, OmniPresent, Vibho Technologies Pty Ltd, Vito Solutions, African Technopreneurs, Augmented Startups, DigiTeams – AICA, Epigos AI, ExploreAI, KasiD, Helm & MLab.
Key technologies & themes of interest
- Machine / Deep Learning Business Solutions
- RPA / Intelligent Automation
- Chatbots / Conversational AI
- Big Data / Data Ops / Analytics
- Cloud / Data Centre / Storage / Super Computing
- ML Ops / ML Commons
- Security / DevSecOps
- IoT / 5G / Mobile / Edge
- Smart Devices / Hardware
- Autonomous Systems / Industrial Robots
- AR / VR / Mixed Reality / Metaverse / Web3
- Creative Media / Generative AI
- Training / Education & Skills
- Women & Youth in AI
- Applied University R&D
- AI4Good / Ethics / Privacy / Standards
- Regulation / Policy / Responsible AI
- Smart Cities / Smart Society & Smart Citizen
- National AI Strategies / Community Building / Investing
About the AI Media Group
The AI Media Group is a South African based industry analysis, publishing & business events consultancy specialising in the 4IR / smart tech sector in Africa. They are curators of AI Expo Africa, the continent’s largest B2B/B2G Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) trade show and publishers of Synapse, the first quarterly trade magazine charting Africa’s 4IR innovation journey. The group also runs AI TV which hosts discussions on trends in AI and 4IR technologies with local, regional and global thought leaders.
Want to learn more?
All trademarks & company names mentioned are protected by their respective owner.