i) Payment terms
- Ticket Payment is due in full prior to the event by credit card or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- By supplying us with your registration details and ticket payment information you agree to AI Media PTY Ltd or its designated 3rd party ticket / payment gateway agent to charge your credit card or bank for the amount stated above and you agree to pay AI Media PTY Ltd the price in order to secure your ticket or workshop pass.
- Your registration will only be confirmed once payment has been made and cleared funds are received in full.
- Admission to the conference will be refused if payment has not been received and or a valid ticket is not produced at reception that matches the details held by the registration / Expo team.
- All payments will be issued with a receipt and the delegate is liable to pay any necessary taxes and service fees where applicable.
- Payments can be received on the day for walk in tickets at a price that may differ from that offered on this site or via advance payment. Such payments maybe effected by credit card or EFT.
ii) Cancellation and substitution policy
- The Cancellation policy below applies to ALL forms of event ticket; a) paid for tickets b) tickets issued as part of sponsorship packages and c) any tickets issued free of charge.
- Cancellations must be received in writing and we do not issue refunds once payment as been made.
- If the cancellation is received more than 14 days before the conference, attendees will receive a full credit to a future conference.
- Cancellations received 14 days or less (including the fourteenth day) prior to the conference will be liable for the full fee.
- A substitution from the same organisation can be made at any time in writing at no extra charge.
- In the event that AI Media PTY Ltd cancels a conference, payments received at the cancellation date will be credited towards attendance at a future conference or in the event of postponement by AI Media PTY Ltd, towards the rescheduled date.
- Credit notes remain valid for twelve months
iii) Changes to conference, format & agenda
- AI Media PTY Ltd reserves the right to postpone or cancel an event, to change the location, format or alter the advertised speakers or floor plan for the event.
- AI Media PTY Ltd is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of substitution, alteration, postponement or cancellation of an event due to causes beyond its control including without limitation, acts of God, natural disasters, sabotage, accident, trade or industrial disputes, terrorism or hostilities.
- In the event that a conference is cancelled, AI Media PTY Ltd is not liable for any costs incurred by delegates in connection with their attendance.
- Occasionally it is necessary for reasons beyond our control to alter the content, format and timing of the programme, venue or the identity of the speakers without any liability to the delegates.
- Changes to the agenda will be updated on our website as soon as possible and or in the final programme and floor plan issued on the day.
iv) Notification of special requirements
- Delegates must inform AI Media PTY Ltd of any special dietary requirements at least 14 days in advance of the event OR on arrival at main desk
- Delegates must inform AI Media PTY Ltd of any special personal, disability or access requirements at least 14 days in advance of the event OR on arrival at main desk
- This information will be passed onto the Century City Conference Centre team for their attention
- ALL notification of special requirements should be made to AI Media PTY Ltd in writing via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The personal information provided by you will be held by AI Media PTY Ltd (Cape Town, South Africa) using several systems, namely; WordPress, Google forms, a CMS instance hosted by Go Daddy, ticket system operated by Quicket (Cape Town, South Africa) and payment system operated by Peach Payments (Cape Town, South Africa).
- All information is held in accordance with the security policies and measures provided by the organisations listed in Clause 1. above and access is password protected.
- Personal information submitted by delegates, sponsors and speakers will be used for the following PURPOSES; a) Issue of delegate passes and conference packages b) listings in program agenda, website, speaker, sponsor and or delegate lists c) mailings and communications to do with event news, offers or logistics d) in a list of your registration / attendance issued to sponsors post show (your name, title, company and email only) e) for relevant / applicable health and safety requirements of the venue f) for communications relating to future AI Expo Events occurring in subsequent years
- By attending the event you grant AI Media PTY Ltd, its contractors licensees and assignees the irrevocable right to make photographs and recordings and reproduce, distribute, sell, transmit, display and publicly perform recordings, transcriptions and derivative works in any medium containing the image of the delegate and/or statements of the delegate, this may include, but not restricted to, analyst reports, consulting services and or information requests for GDPR or POPIA enquiries.
- Your information with NOT be sold to third parties or used for any purpose outside those stated in Clause 3 & 4 above.
- The Delegate shall indemnify, release and hold AI Media PTY Ltd harmless from and against any and all claims, penalties, damages, losses, costs, charges and expenses whatsoever, including legal fees and costs, arising out of the Delegate’s participation in the Event.
vii) Copyright & Intellectual Property Statement
- All delegates, speakers, sponsors, visiting media, event organisers, news, reporters or accredited press organisations either represented directly or via a 3rd party or bureau office, agent or consultant, agree to abide by ALL terms herein outlined and in addition, shall; a) agree that all Intellectual Property, ideas, themes, content, sponsor & delegate information, formats, concepts, trademarks, logos, domains, URLs, community group posts, workshops, marketing and or promotion focused on or about an African centric Artificial Intelligence Expo & Conference and variants thereof remains the property of AI Media (Pty) Ltd and; b) agree to respect such background IP and not endeavour to launch, copy or otherwise compete with an event of a similar nature without express prior approval, co-operation and involvement of AI Media (Pty) Ltd.