Speaking Tracks & Online Programme Overview
The AI Expo Africa 2020 online speaking programme is split into 4 tracks. In total over 100+ speakers and panelists will take part in the programme that broken down into 4 main themes:
- Innovation – New to market solutions, innovations, start-up & investor centric success stories
- Case Studies – Real world applications and benefits of deployment in a B2B / B2C context
- Platforms & Panels – Latest developments from global, regional & local platform providers including panel discussions
- Technical Demonstrations – Dedicated, deeper dive technical demonstrations of B2B / B2C solutions hosted in the Expo “Demo Zone”
During AI Expo Africa 2019 our academic poster programme (Innovation wall) was a massive success – In 2020 we will also run our Innovation Wall again but on online this year because of COVID19, this is part of our drive to expose cutting edge applied R&D from African Universities to a business and investor community.
- Posters are for academic researchers only – MSc / PhD / Research poster submissions from students with applied R&D applicable to industry / investors
Online programme Dates & Times
3rd – 4th September 2020
Full programme to be announced soon.
A look back at the AI Expo Africa 2019 Programme
- Data Science Education in Africa – The key to unlocking the 4IR opportunity for all
- AI : The Marathon Race
- Bootstrapping AI in Africa
- Leveraging the power of AI in a rapidly evolving world for economic good
Track Talks – Case Studies
- AI and Machine Learning with Amazon Web Services
- Using AI and IoT to Make the World a Better Place
- Artificial Intelligence to Improve Customer Experience (CX)
- Old Mutual’s journey toward AI
- Achieving 1-to1 Personalization at scale
- IA for Good – Pathways forward
- New Frontiers In Cognitive Finance
- The Telkom turnaround and into the AI beyond
- Achieving a single view of a customer using artificial intelligence
- 5 easy real world machine learning examples to use in your business.
- Machine Learning in Real Life
- How Granadilla is using AI and ML at the core of what they do.
- Real world applications and benefits of AI deployment in a B2B context
- How AI can generate value for the financial-services industry
- Machine Learning in Life Insurance
- Do You Understand the Words that Are Coming Out of My Mouth?
Track Talks – Platforms
- Intelligent Enterprises make the Experience Economy click for customers
- Artificial Intelligence in South Africa: An outlook for 2019 and beyond
- Immersive and collabortive solutions for data visualisation.
- The worlds first IoT Point of Sale platform
- Hybrid Quantum Machine Learning
- The power of AI to build chatbots for Financial service providers
- Working with the Savanna Data Platform
- AI and distributed systems will power a paradigm shift in digital trust
Track Talks – Innovation
- All human organisms are just algorithms: dealing with uncertainty when predicting behaviour
- Improving computer vision algorithms using neuroscience principles
- Mining the digital traces of our society
- Using Genomics Cloud platform and Machine Learning for genome variant Analysis
- Using AI for crime prediction.
- How to use AI for social good
- How AI can make your workforce perform better
- Open Data for Impact – Applying AI and Machine Learning on a World of Data Challenges
- The Cirrus Innovation Initiative for Southern Africa
- AI In Africa – Bootcamps in Disadvantaged Communities
- Fusing IR4.0 technology to support Africa’s smart cities initiative.
- Implement Hand Gesture Recognition with XRDrive Sim
- Propel: Connecting mindsets and behaviours to performance
- Analysing the strategic role of digital revolution on South Africa’s economic transformation
- Innovating to become a truly AI centric organisation
- Implications of having an intelligent robotic workforce
Track Talks – Demo Zone
- Introducing Specific AI to the Real World
- The Rise of AI/ML Engineering
- Let’s get Hands on with AI
- The Platform for Intelligent Automation
- Meet the Wellness Robot
- You’ve Got Mail – implementing email automation using AI
- Liability and Risk: Why Explanability & Ethical AI Should Matter to Industry
- Techniques for enhancing trust in AI
- How to share data and drive growth and innovation whilst staying GDPR compliant.
- Natural Language Generation – the next giant leap for AI
- Using AI and behavioural science to improve business and staff productivity
- Reclaiming privacy in the age of Big Data
- The future of advertising
- Developing Precision Medicine using AI-centric approaches in Africa.
- Data commons & data philanthropy in the private sector.
- 4IR Initiatives & Investing Models
- Ethics, Privacy & Bias in AI
- AI and the Future of Education in Africa
- AI 4 Good
- Women & Youth in AI
- Creating an Ecosystem with open source products for behavioural predictions
- Operationalisation of Enterprise AI
- The Robocup in Africa & Robotics World Cup.
- The Pothole Hackathon with Zindi
- AI & ML Deep Dive
- AI – The future is now
- Towards Automating Healthcare Question Answering in a Noisy Multilingual Low-Resource Setting
- Neural Machine Translation for African Languages
- Designing a hybrid Deep Learning DDoS attack intrusion detection system for software defined Networks
- Automatic assignment of diagnosis codes to free-form text medical notes
- Photovoltaic Defect Classification through Thermal Infrared Imaging using a Machine Learning
- Deep Learning-Based Hybrid Personalised Learning Object Recommender System