Meet our Speakers & Moderators
With a growing list of top AI speakers joining us at AI Expo Africa 2018, why not join them and submit your paper today for review. Scroll down for speaking submission guidelines & programme outline. More detail will be added in the next few weeks.
Thabo Ndlela – South Africa
CEO Amani Business & former Chairman Westcon, CIO Sun International & CIO Tiger Brands
Lee Naik – South Africa
Tumi Menyatswe – South Africa
Ecosystem Manager Silicon Cape Initiative & Founder of Minderz
Tebogo Nakampe – South Africa
CEO – Africa Business Integration & Intel AI Ambassador
Zimkhita Buwa – South Africa
Ryan Jamieson – South Africa
Director Technology & Innovation – Karabina
Celina Lee – South Africa
Director Ixio Analytics & ZINDI
Kobus Van Der Westhuizen – South Africa
CEO Genii Analytics
Wiebke Toussaint – South Africa
CEO / Co-founder Engineers Without Boarders & Data Scientist at UCT
Dr Jacques Ludik – South Africa
Chairman & Founder MIIA & CEO Cortex Logic
Brett StClair – South Africa
CEO Siatik – One of Google’s Leading Cloud partners in Africa
Edward Bowora – South Africa
CEO Grace Growth
Alison Jacobson – South Africa
Director – The Field Institute
Keith Jones – South Africa
CEO SW7 – Growing the Startup Community in Africa
Jay Van Zyl – USA / South Africa
Co-Founder – ecosystem.Ai
Simon Carpenter – South Africa
Chief Technology Advisor – SAP Africa
Chantal Louw – South Africa
Ambassador City AI, CEO Kin & Director Pint of Science SA
Zachariah George – South Africa
Co-founder & Chief Investment Officer, Startupbootcamp Africa & CEO, Cactus Capital
John Kamara – Kenya / Nigeria / Ghana
Director of Digital Growth & Development – Global Gaming Africa
Aneshan Ramaloo – South Africa
Senior Business Solutions Manager, Advanced Analytics – SAS Software
Keet Van Zyl – South Africa
CEO KNF Ventures, Partner Knife Capital, Co-founder YueDiligence & Co-founder Grindstone Accelerator
Christopher Brian Currin – South Africa
PhD candidate Computational Neuroscience UCT & Software / Information Architect Q Division
Frans Cronje – South Africa
Managing Director & Co-Founder DataProphet
Obins Choudhary – South Africa
VP Artificial Intelligence – Barclays Africa Group
Manish Dullabh – South Africa
Head of Artificial Intelligence – ABSA
Richard Van Der Wath PhD – South Africa
Group Chief Data Officer – MyBucks
Jannie Strydom – South Africa
CEO LARCAI Robotics
Jay Shapiro – USA
Founder & CEO Muni.Bot, AppMaker & The Muskoka Foundation
Ryan Falkenberg – South Africa
Co Founder and CEO CLEVVA
This could be you
Click here to submit your paper today to speak at AI Expo Africa
AI ExpoAfrica 2018 Programme
The programme and exhibition will focus on real-world applications of AI in a business context including; Machine Learning (ML), Deep Learning (DL), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Imaging Processing, Internet of Things (IoT), Data Analytics, Ethics, home & business devices, voice interfaces, cloud platform components and APIs.
We invite speakers from all corners of the AI community, including vendors, start ups, platform providers, researchers, policy makers, investors, Government, education, service providers and sponsors to submit papers for our packed program.
Paper submission guidelines are as follows:
- We require a title, short speaker bio, bio picture & organizational affiliation with contact details emailed in text / word format.
- A 300 word (max) abstract summarizing your presentation in text / word format.
- Your talk should aim to run for 40 minutes maximum and no more than 15-20 slides
- We are also allocating a number of shorter Flash Talks of 15 minutes to allow the large number of speakers to join our community
All submissions will be reviewed by the Expo Event Panel using the following criteria
- The presentations must be “real world” business related AI use cases, NOT a sales pitch or theoretical / academic in nature.
- We don’t mind reference to your own company AI offerings and expertise so long as it relates to the presentation.
- Presentations must offer meaningful insights to delegates that they can apply in their business TODAY.
- We are particularly keen on real case studies, benefits, challenges and deployment successes of a given technology or service to a business user or process.
- Keep language and concepts to a broadly understandable level and steer clear of complex mathematical language, equations and deep dive technical jargon.
- Uniquely African focused uses cases and exploration of adoption of AI related technologies / challenges in Africa are encouraged.
- All submissions will be confirmed received by email once submitted and if accepted for the programme you will be contacted by the Expo Team
- We will issue draft programme in June
Submit your abstract for review today by clicking on the link below.
The programme is split into 3 tracks:
- Real World & Case Studies
- Technology & Platforms