Showcasing diversity of the African AI & Data Science Business Community
With over 4000+ community members, AI Expo Africa is the largest business and trade focused community of its kind in the region. We pride ourselves on the diverse mix of local AND global AI / 4IR thought leaders, pioneering African business practitioners and regional innovators that make our event, media and content so rich and meaningful.
We strive for inclusivity and diversity that transcends the continent of Africa AND showcases the newest, unheard of start-ups breaking through into the market. As such our programmes and content welcome world leading keynote speakers as well as young engineers just starting out on their 4IR journey, and everyone in between.
We have a proactive focus on women in AI and run a partner and young engineer talent programme that ensures we give those that cannot afford to come to a world leading event like AI Expo Africa the opportunity to join by offering free workshop tickets to foster learning / networking opportunities and experience what an industry event “looks and feels” like. This initiative was extended in 2020 to include FREE access to the entire show archive via a FREE on-demand event for 30 days.
Focus on United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) – Growth / Trade / Collaboration
Our vision to “Create an AI Powered Future for Africa” is centred on growing 4IR trade and innovation in Africa which aligns with UN Sustainable Development Goals 8, 9 & 17. We have also established a partnership with the ITU, Geneva around the AI for Good Movement to propel Africa more centrally into the mainstream global AI narrative. You can learn more about the UN SDGs we align with here.
- GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- GOAL 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal
“As curators of AI Expo Africa we have a duty to contribute to building a sustainable ‘AI economic pipeline’ for growth both locally, nationally and Continentally. This pipeline starts with young people before they enter the world of work or entrepreneurism and ends with a career or a new business that helps transform the economy and wider society. Diversity and inclusivity is the foundation to this change to drive the 4IR impact the region is seeking” Dr Nick Bradshaw, Co-Founder AI Expo Africa and CEO AI Media Group.
Key stats from AI Expo Africa 2020
- 4033 community members (32% growth)
- 2413 registered delegates (135% growth)
- 184 speakers & sponsors (8% growth)
- 502 companies (35% growth)
- 82,388 platform visits by all delegates at online event
- 2020 Show Edition Synapse Magazine (124 pages) containing 47 stories & 35 A4 ads placed for brands
- Delegate diversity at 2020 (2 day live) online event : 32% Female 68% Male
- 80 speakers from 13 countries represented in four track programme : 30% Female 70% Male
- 34 ePosters presented for 6x Innovation Challenges from 7 countries : 45% Female 55% Male
- Young engineer FREE workshop programme (2018 & 2019) attended by 625 delegates: 29% Female 71% Male
- 106 local, regional & global partners organisations engaged via our ally community
- A total of 45 countries were represented at 2020 (2 day live) online event
Learn more about our diversity & inclusivity success stories
- Young engineering workshop programme HERE
- AI Expo Africa 2020 OnDemand show HERE
- The AI Expo Africa charity, Starting Chance HERE
- Women in Big Data South Africa HERE
- Women in Artificial Intelligence HERE
- The Youth in AI ePavilion HERE
- The Innovation Wall – Academic Poster Zone HERE
- Innovation Challenges HERE
- The Innovation Cafe for Start-Ups HERE
- Gala Awards Evening HERE
- AI Art Challenge HERE
Secure your place on our 2021 Super Early Bird list TODAY
- Our 2020 show is now over but you can now start the process of joining us in 2021
- This will guarantee you earliest access to the show, news, offers and content so SIGN UP HERE
- Be notified FIRST about how to gain access to Africa’s largest B2B AI, RPA & Data Science Trade Show & Conference
- Priority notification about 2021 speaking, sponsorship, exhibiting & poster opportunities.
- All tickets issued & attendance at the show are subject to the following Terms & Conditions