Cape Town, South Africa – 20th January 2020 – As Artificial Intelligence (AI), robotic process automation (RPA) and the 4th Industrial Revolution roll into a new decade in Africa, AI Expo Africa the continent’s largest B2B trade focused AI business event, returns to Cape Town on 3rd-4th September 2020 connecting buyers and suppliers of Enterprise AI solutions and latest innovations for business leaders.
“Now in our third year, the success of AI Expo Africa has seen our community grow to over 3000+ members,” says Nick Bradshaw, AI Expo Africa Co-founder and pan-African AI Evangelist at the AI Media Group. “In 2019 we brought together the African AI community at the largest B2B business focused AI & Data Science event in the region that attracted 1000+ delegates, 100+ speakers & 50+ sponsors from world-leading brands like AWS, Microsoft, SAP, Nvidia, UiPath, Blue Prism, MTN, Hitachi, Persistent Systems as well as Government and NGO interest from the likes of the French Embassy, National Government of South Africa, ITU and Provincial Government of the Western Cape”.
- 1027 registered delegates + 42% growth
- 372 companies + 35% growth
- 106 speakers + 53% growth
- 55 sponsors + 27% growth
- 35% female engineers at talent workshops + 34% growth
Co-founder AI Expo Africa Roy Bannister stated, “We observed growth in all the categories we measure and we are very proud to say that the City of Cape Town trade arm Invest Cape Town hailed AI Expo Africa a regional success story. We had some notable new launches and collaborations at the 2019 show including;
- South African 4IR Fund announced by Minister Stella Abrahams
- Keynotes from AI thought leaders Simon See Nvidia and Karim Beguir Instadeep
- Wits University launch Cirrus AI to stimulate AI start-up scene in SA
- French embassy delegation joined bringing multiple companies to trade in region
- The launch of The Robo World Cup in Africa
- Robot Workshop with children from Mitchells Plain
- ITU Global AI For Good Summit Switzerland seeking regional collaboration
- Invite from ITU to SA Ministerial Delegation to attend 2020 AI for Good Conference
- Start-up Enlabeler launches data labelling app for mass job creation in SA / Africa
- Fliptin & AI in Africa showcase their AI teaching programme for schools in disadvantaged communities
- Signing of agreement between TIA & French Embassy
- Multiple new products showcased at Expo from 50+ vendors
- “Tech Adjacent” book launch by Mushambi
- Launch of AI TV – Africa’s first streaming channel dedicated to AI
Bradshaw stated, “AI Expo Africa 2020 is aimed at C-Suite decision makers and buyers in business seeking to better understand the application of AI, RPA and related automation and data science technologies in the Enterprise. We also have a strong interest from investors and innovators focusing on the disruptive nature of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Analytics, Cloud platforms, hardware, devices and Internet of Things (IoT) in the real world environment of business TODAY.
- Amira Abbas, Quantum Machine Learning Consultant, South Africa stated, AI Expo Africa is “a fantastic event – beautiful venue, well catered, great programme and an awesome learning/networking experience. It is a must for anyone looking to understand how AI can impact business environments in Africa.”
- Ekow Duker, Co-founder of Zindi Africa stated that AI Expo Africa is “a brilliant, informative conference. Always first on our list when planning our conference attendance for the year”.
- Having launched the Zindi Africa data science challenge platform at AI Expo Africa 2018, it has gone on to become the most successful challenge platform of its kind in Africa.
- Amelia Farber, Partner Manager at USA based Conversica stated, “As an international business based in the US, getting to experience AI Expo Africa was at once humbling and inspiring. The scale and breadth of attendees, value and caliber of the truly passionate speakers and intellectual community present, and excitement surrounding the event was spectacular – one of the most impressive AI events globally. Highly recommend this organization and event for any and all international or regional AI companies, groups, and interested individuals.”
Bannister concluded, “With solid testimony from our delegates and sponsors and with AI breakthroughs across all sectors of industry now going mainstream, understanding the AI business opportunity from both a supplier and client perspective has never been more important and we look forward to welcoming returning and new delegates, speakers, sponsors and partners to our 2020 event in Cape Town.”
About AI Expo Africa 2020
Produced by the AI Media Group and with 3000+ community members, AI Expo Africa is now entering its 3rd successful year and is the largest B2B trade focused Artificial Intelligence & Data Science business conference in Africa. The 2020 edition of AI Expo Africa will run on 3rd-4th September 2020 at the World class Century City Conference Centre and builds upon the phenomenal success of the 2018 / 2019 events that cemented it as the largest gathering of its kind, with over 1000+ registered delegates, decision makers, investors, buyers, suppliers, innovators, SMBs and global brands in the region.
Speak | Sponsor | Register
- Submit your talk for AI Expo Africa 2020
- Learn more about sponsoring AI Expo Africa 2020
- Register as a delegate for AI Expo Africa 2020
All trademarks & company names mentioned are protected by their respective owner