With just days to go – AI Expo Africa 2019 is almost here ! AI Expo Africa is the largest B2B AI trade show of its kind in Africa aimed at the C-Suite decision makers, investors and innovators focusing on the disruptive nature of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Deep learning (DL), Data Analytics, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), AI cloud platforms, hardware, devices and Internet of Things (IoT) in the real world environment of business TODAY.
AI Expo Africa 2019 includes a stellar line-up of local, regional and global Artificial Intelligence thought leaders, helping cement Cape Town’s reputation as “the” AI Hub in Africa, highlights include;
- 80+ speakers – Line-Up of Global & African AI Thought Leaders, including Kay Firth-Butterfield (World Economic Forum – Head of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Bayo Adekanmbi (Chief Technology Officer, MTN Nigeria), Simon See (Nvidia AI Technology Centre) and Karim Beguir (CEO & Co-Founder Instadeep) plus many others
- 50+ vendors – Including world leaders in the AI space, like UIPath, SAP, IBM, Microsoft, Blue Prism, PWC, Deloitte, EY, Hitachi Vantara and AWS will share their knowledge of AI alongside African start-ups and entrepreneurs, all with the shared goal of harnessing AI for the greater economic and social benefit of Africa.
- The AWS AI Innovation Cafe – 17 Artificial Intelligence start-ups from Africa – Entrepreneurs will get the opportunity to showcase their skills and services alongside global leaders in this space. This new feature gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to network with business leaders from all sectors, with an eye to providing solutions to these sectors for 4IR implementation.
- French AI Business and Trade Delegation – This year’s event will feature a large French AI delegation organised by The French Embassy in South Africa and Business France, to promote mutual co-operation and business opportunities in the AI sector.
- World-Champion Soccer-playing Robots – Rhoban, one of the French companies showcasing its products at AI Expo Africa 2019, are the current RoboWorldCup Champs, and a few robots will be on display at Africa’s largest AI trade show.
- WITS University Announcement – Wits will announce a major research initiative at AI Expo Africa, that is intended to bring about a step change in scientific research and commercialisation in Africa.
- Africa’s first-ever AI Art & Music Challenge – The winners of Africa’s first AI Art and Music Challenge will be announced. The challenge was conceived to showcase the creative and technical abilities of African AI entrepreneurs and data scientists.
- The MTN Innovation Wall – A new initiative aiming to showcase applied AI R&D from Universities applicable to industry and that could attract investment or form the seeds of new start-ups in our region. Building links between industry, investors and academia for the long term is a key goal of AI Expo Africa and a major cornerstone to SME growth in our region
Dr Nick Bradshaw, Cofounder of the AI Media Group who run AI Expo Africa said, “Our event is a business community driven trade show aimed at unlocking the 4IR opportunity for big business and entrepreneurs alike. We are mindful that for many large and small companies their success, and the success of the economy and societal benefits it brings, hinge on embracing the 4IR opportunity NOW. AI Expo Africa is the place to start that journey and one that serves as a catalyst for showcasing the best of the local, regional and continental supply base in Africa – we have made this event truly inclusive and comprehensive giving both experts and newbies a taste of what we can all achieve with AI”.
Roy Bannister,Cofounder of the AI Media Group who run AI Expo Africa concluded, “As the buzz-words ‘Artificial Intelligence’ and ‘4th Industrial Revolution’ become an ever-increasing part of our daily lives, many business and government leaders still admit that they don’t really understand what it means, and what the real-world application of AI entails. AI Expo Africa cuts through the hype around AI, and the event – now in its second year – showcases the real-world applications of AI available to businesses. A deeper understanding of what AI entails, and how to begin implementing Artificial Intelligence applications like RPA (Robotic Process Automation) can also be gained through a number of Executive Skills AI Workshops at the event, as well as an in-depth conference programme designed for all levels of understanding. Free workshops are also available to young data scientists, entrepreneurs and students – which are all sold out – we cant wait to meet the delegates, sponsors and speakers”.
About AI Expo Africa 2019
Curated by AI Media Africa, AI Expo Africa 2019 is focusing on real world applications & trends driving the Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Data Science Economy in Africa. AI Expo Africa is the largest Business focused AI Community conference and expo on the continent. With 700+ delegates, 60+ speaker programme, 40+ exhibitor Expo Hall, allied to the unique Innovation Cafe showcasing the latest AI start-ups in the region, we deliver a truly integrated event experience. Our speaking programme and workshops are aimed at CxOs, analysts and investors with the primary goal of educating business leaders about AI & Data Science applications solving Enterprise challenges TODAY as well as generating real business and learning opportunities for sponsors, speakers, buyers, suppliers & innovators alike. We also have FREE student / young engineer workshops to foster grass roots job creation & skills development opportunities. If you would like to join the event as a delegate or would like take up one of the exhibition, Innovation Cafe or speaking opportunities simply visit click on the links below. Learn more at www.aimediagroup.co.za
- Register – Buy your ticket today via our secure ticket platform Quicket
- Sponsor – Secure pride of place in the Expo Hall / Innovation Cafe
For event information, please contact Sonja Arendse (Events Support Manager) at email@example.com.
Click to join our dedicated Community Channels listed below for news and insights
Press & Media
If you are interested in press accreditation, event reporting / interviews or radio or TV scheduling please contact our PR team at Tishala Communications
Nomsa Mdhluli | E-Mail: nomsa@Tishalacommunications.com | +27 71 628 623
All trademarks & company names mentioned are protected by their respective owner