AI Media Group are delighted to welcome Bayo Adekanmbi, Chief Transformation Officer at MTN Nigeria, and founder of Data Science Nigeria as keynote speaker at AI Expo Africa 2020 – Africa’s largest B2B Artificial Intelligence, Robotic Process Automation and Data Science-focused tradeshow and conference.
Olubayo (Bayo) is driven by a vision to build an AI-first society where Artificial Intelligence is effectively deployed to solve local problems, particularly the sustainable millennial goals. He believes that AI will provide a springboard for Africa’s development by enhancing how we live, work and play.
He believes that Nigeria’s population of 200million with median age of about 18 years is a huge strategic advantage that can position Nigeria as one of the top 10 AI Knowledge centres in the world, especially the opportunity to raise 1 million AI talents in 10 years with globally relevant skills that can drive increased employability, FOREX inflow, AI-enabled start-ups and enhancement of the general quality of life through solution-oriented AI applications in Health, Agriculture, Financial Inclusion, Smart City etc.
Nick Bradshaw, CEO AI Media Group & Co-Founder of AI Expo Africa stated, “Its a great honour to welcome Dr Bayo Adekanmbi this year, he has been a driving force in the industry for many years and has a passion and vision to grow the African Data Science & AI Community from the ground up. Learning and education for young people sit at the heart of his broader vision to inspire, train and educate one million Africans about the 4IR opportunity. Data Science Nigeria and AI Expo Africa share the same vision about fostering education, learning opportunities and career development for young people, he is arguably one of the top 10 thought leaders in Africa driving the agenda for inclusion and education for young people and a global exemplar of community leadership we can all aspire to.”
He is a leading expert in Data Science, Advanced Analytics, Business Transformation, Marketing and Strategy, with 19 years of cognate industry experience from two largest economies in Africa (Nigeria &South Africa). Bayo has a long list of credentials and is one of the leading members of the growing African Data Science and AI movement, including;
- Previously served as General Manager Business Intelligence and Chief Marketing/Strategy Officer.
- Currently serving Chief Transformation Officer, MTN Nigeria
- Awarded the prestigious MTN Yello Star award for the conceptualisation of a Customer Value/Risk Management framework, which led to multi-billion naira revenue growth.
- Developed many operational analytical models for industry applications
- No 1 on the Data Science Dojo In-class Capstone project Leaderboard
- Top 1% amongst the over 11,000 data scientists competing on the Kaggle Titanic Machine learning survival model
- Patent owner for Social Pricing Recommender algorithm for low income prepaid telecommunication users using uncalled-called numbers modelling (US62400186)
- PhD Research work on application of Data science algorithm to understand the effect of customer social networks on consumption behaviour in luxury and telecoms industry.
- Advisory Board member, insight2impact (i2i) – a global resource centre that seeks to improve financial inclusion through the smarter use of data.
- Winner – MIPAD – Most Influential People of Africa Descent (Class of 2018)
- Chairman, Data and Advanced Analytics workstream of the Nigeria Economic Summit Group (NESG)
- Participant, Network of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence for Development (AI4D) in sub-Saharan Africa
- Part-time academic mentor/supervisor
- Published academic
About AI Expo Africa 2020
Produced by the AI Media Group and with 3000+ community members, AI Expo Africa is now entering its third successful year and is the largest B2B trade focused Artificial Intelligence, RPA & Data Science business conference in Africa. The 2020 edition of AI Expo Africa will run online on 3-4 September 2020 and builds upon the phenomenal success of the 2018 and 2019 events that cemented it as the largest gathering of its kind, with over 1000 registered delegates, decision makers, investors, buyers, suppliers, innovators, SMBs and global brands in the region. Those looking to attend the conference can save up to 30% on a super early bird ticket NOW by accessing our sale that ends on 30 June.
Speak | Sponsor | Register
All trademarks & company names mentioned are protected by their respective owner