At least 17 artificial intelligence (AI) startups are set to showcase their solutions at this year’s AI Expo Africa, the largest B2B trade focused AI event in the region.
Now in its second year, the expo — which will take place on 4 and 5 September at the Century City Conference Centre in Cape Town — is curated by the AI Media Group.
AI Media Group co-founder Nick Bradshaw explained in an email to Ventureburn that the startups will be looking for buyers and to showcase their new technology. AI Expo Africa 2019 will take place on 4 and 5 September at the Century City Conference Centre in Cape Town and has within the show a dedicated Innovation Cafe dedicated to housing AI start-ups who are seeking to show case their new offerings to a buyer focused community. This year the Innovation Cafe is sponsored by AWS who are firmly behind the idea of promoting 4IR start-ups and who have an aligned vision with the team at AI Expo Africa 2019.
The AWS Innovation Cafe – Hosting the very newest AI start-ups in the region
“A core focus of the event is to trade, plain and simple. We want to put new suppliers in front of big enterprise buyers and investors who will be attending,” said Bradshaw. He added that last year, one of the larger vendors who attended the expo was on the hunt for possible acquisitions. “So, for the smaller companies there could be interest that transcends simple product and service sales,” he said.
‘No less ambitious’
Bradshaw said this year’s edition builds upon the “phenomenal” success of the inaugural event.
The inaugural event, he said, was attended by 725 delegates and 275 companies. These included enterprises buyers, suppliers, innovators and global brands in the region who are focusing on real world AI and data science applications.
He said AI Media Group’s plans for this year’s expo are “no less ambitious” as the organiser has enhanced the programme with a range of new features for sponsors and speakers alike.
These he said include:
- VIP opening and awards event
- Large business networking reception
- Four-track speaking programme with over 60 talks and keynotes
- 36 booth Expo Hall with a new Technical Demo Zone
- Four new executive workshops aimed at Chief Experience Officers and decision makers
- Four skills workshops aimed at young engineers
- AI challenge to create Africa’s first AI generated music and artwork
- Innovation wall showcasing 10 leading African academic research and design posters
- Larger AI TV Media hub with dedicated interview suite
- Complimentary executive delegate pack
- Food, refreshments, Wi-Fi and free parking included as standard
The expo’s four-track programme will cover real-world AI innovation, case studies, platforms, panel discussions and technical demos.
Some of the speakers who will deliver plenary keynotes include:
- MTN Nigeria CTO and Data Science Nigeria founder Bayo Adekanmbi
- InstaDeep co-founder and CEO Karim Beguir
- Nvidia AI Technology Centre director and technologist Simon See
- Head of AI at the WEF – Kay-Firth Butterfield
Bradshaw said topics to be covered in panel discussions include AI for Good, Women in AI, privacy and ethics, education, investment and adoption models both in business and at the country level.
About AI Expo Africa 2019
Curated by AI Media Africa, AI Expo Africa 2019 is focusing on real world applications & trends driving the Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Data Science Economy in Africa. AI Expo Africa is the largest Business focused AI Community conference and expo on the continent. With 700+ delegates, 60+ speaker programme, 40+ exhibitor Expo Hall, allied to the unique Innovation Cafe showcasing the latest AI start-ups in the region, we deliver a truly integrated event experience. Our speaking programme and workshops are aimed at CxOs, analysts and investors with the primary goal of educating business leaders about AI & Data Science applications solving Enterprise challenges TODAY as well as generating real business and learning opportunities for sponsors, speakers, buyers, suppliers & innovators alike. We also have FREE student / young engineer workshops to foster grass roots job creation & skills development opportunities. If you would like to join the event as a delegate or would like take up one of the exhibition, Innovation Cafe or speaking opportunities simply visit click on the links below. Learn more at www.aimediagroup.co.za
- Register – Buy your ticket today via our secure ticket platform Quicket
- Sponsor – Secure pride of place in the Expo Hall / Innovation Cafe
- Speak – Submit a paper and join the prestigious speaking programme
For event information, please contact Sonja Arendse (Events Support Manager) at email@example.com.
Click to join our dedicated Community Channels listed below for news and insights
Press & Media
If you are interested in press accreditation, event reporting / interviews or radio or TV scheduling please contact our PR team at Tishala Communications
Nomsa Mdhluli | E-Mail: nomsa@Tishalacommunications.com | +27 71 628 623
All trademarks & company names mentioned are protected by their respective owner