AI Expo Africa 2019 Cofounder Dr Nick Bradshaw talks with Kieno Kammies on Cape Talk Radio about Africa’s largest AI event
Cape Town 6th July 2019 – Its been a busy week of radio and TV interviews about the upcoming AI Expo Africa 2019 event, happening 3-5th September at the Century City Conference Centre, Cape Town.
In its second year, Co-founder Dr Nick Bradshaw talked to Cape Talk host Kieno Kammies about AI Expo Africa the largest B2B buyer / supplier focused AI & Data Science community and trade event in the region and builds upon the phenomenal success of the inaugural 2018 event that had 700+ delegates, 270+ companies, 60+ speakers & 40+ sponsors.
Bradshaw explained, “The format for AI Expo Africa 2019 has a few new features this year and we are welcoming new vendors, start-ups and community members to the show this year. We have enhanced the programme with a range of new features for sponsors and speakers alike to make this the biggest and most immersive learning experience for CxOs, investors, start-ups and delegates. With speakers from AI vendors such as IBM, SAP, PWC, Deloitte, Hitachi, Cortex Logic and Instadeep plus new community members such as the ITU, French Embassy, Business France, Data Science Nigeria and Fliptin, we have a packed line up for visitors that exceeds our 2018 show – its going to be a great event”.
AI Expo Africa 2019 Features include
- VIP Opening & Awards Event with new product launches and announcements on 4IR in our region
- Main show September 4th – 5th September 2019 with evening networking reception
- Expo Hall showcasing African AI innovation with new hands on Demo Zone
- Dedicated AI Innovation Cafe showcasing 17 AI start-ups
- 4x Track speaking programme with 67 talks, keynotes & panels
- 4x Executive workshops aimed at CxO decision makers & business analysts
- 4x Skills workshops aimed at young engineers, students & entrepreneurs
- The AI Art Challenge – Africa’s first AI generated music & art competition hosted by Zindi
- Innovation Wall – Showcasing10 leading African academic R&D posters applicable to industry
- AI.TV Media Hub with dedicated interview suite streaming live from the show
- Publication of the show edition of Synapse Magazine – Africa’s first AI & Data Science Magazine
AI Expo Africa Co-founder Roy Bannister concluded, “We have stuck to the winning formula from our 2018 format but added a couple of new features that showcase the best of African AI innovation and creativity. Feedback from our 2018 show indicated delegates wanted a more hands on experience to better understand the new and emerging technologies that are evolving at a rate that is hard to comprehend. The 4IR is characterised by phenomenal rates of innovation, one of which is that things that were not possibly even 12 months ago are now possible today. This means that new concepts are often hard to communicate as they are so new. Our new demo zone, art challenge, executive workshops and innovation wall are all about making the learning experience more immersive for delegates, we hope you can join us”.
Tickets are still on sale and readers of this article can access a 20% discount off a full delegate pass by using the discount code CAPETALK when you buy online at Quicket